Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I just replaced the water pump (part no. 280187) in my Kenmore

I just replaced the water pump (part no. 280187) in my Kenmore HE3t washer 110.42822 201 and reinstalled the front access panel. Now the washer has no power at the display.
The receptacle has power. I reopened the panel and don't see any loose connections. Manually pressing the safety switch at the bottom right has no effect.
Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

If you unplug this and plug it back in to you hear a slight click coming from the CCU near the top right side of the machine or towards the back top?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
That's not good the CCU isn't resetting, this means the CCU has probably failed for what reason I don't know, did you replace the pump without unplugging the machine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. The machine was unplugged when we replaced pump.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay and you get no lights whatsoever on the machine when you plug it in correct? Can you remove the top of the machine? There are screws along the back take them out and slide the top back and off, there's a wiring harness going between the CCU and the user-interface, wiggle that harness at the plugs and see if the machine lights up at all, some of these machines have a bad solder joint or pin on the board usually at the interface the part you pushed to set the machine cycles it's usually the longer harness in this picture, let me know if you get any response when you wiggle the connector.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

right. no lights at all on the user interface.

yes, i've opened the top cover. i see the gray cable running from the CCU to the top front of the machine. I cannot see where it connects to the user interface. connection to the CCU appears to be secure. wiggling the cable and gently pulling on it had no effect.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay your next up would be to check for power to the CCU and make sure it's getting power, not sure which cable has power into that off hand but you need to see if there's power get into the CCU and if there is your CCU has failed and needs to be replaced, there is no rhyme or reason for why these just do, coincidental I guess, but changing the pump should not have anything to do with what happened to your machine but when you unplug this machine and plug it back in you should hear a click coming from the CCU that's the CCU resetting, and you said you don't hear one so that's not good news. I hope I've been helpful though, thanks and best wishes, Bryan