Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Caloric gas stove (model #RST31QUWW) Main burner does not

Caloric gas stove (model #RST31QUWW)
Main burner does not light. "Glow plug" glows..., but main burner tube does not. Broiler works fine, as do the stove top burners. Is there a single ignition module that could be failing on the oven side (bake side) but still be allowing the broiler to work? Or can the glow plug be failing to send a strong enough signal to the module? What are your suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Just because the igniter glows doesn't mean it's good, these have to draw so many amps to the safety valve in order to open the safety valve, they can still glow but not draw enough amps, you need to replace it. Here is a link where you can order it if you wish, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, The glow plug in question has a shorter porcelain body than the image you have sent. The broiler glow plug resembles your image however. Perhaps the one that is now in question of being falty is a replacement part. Are the two interchangable? Can I use the brioler glow plug to replace and test the oven glow plug? Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thats is the original one according to your model # XXXXX this is probably the one you have now, they did change these halfway through the year on a lot of models so this is probably the one you need, you can order it at the following link, you should be able to use the broiler one to test the bake but be extremely careful for these are really fragile and if you tap on anything either break that one, then you will need two, we do a lot of ovens and we know the problems trust me a new igniter will take care your issue, thanks and enjoy the rest of your weekend, Bryan