gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

maytag epic z dryer (model: medz600tw1) will not start ...

maytag epic z dryer (model: medz600tw1) will not start ... last light extremely hot ... then would not restart?

controls have power
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi will it make any noise if you select a cycle?

Customer:

it allows me to turn dial to select different cycles, then when I hold in start button, it makes a small click and then does nothing?

gst85 :

ok try this ,rotate the drum clockwise a few times then restart a cycle

gst85 :

let me know what it does then.

Customer:

it does the same thing ... nothing

Customer:

i hit cancel once after attempting to start it and I get a code F-01

gst85 :

ok thats going to help me figure out your problem.just a few minutes please while i look into my database

gst85 :

thanks for waiting ,ok the error indicates that your control board has a shorting out.the only way to fix this problem is replacing it.

Customer:

how much is a control board and where can I get one? Is this something I can replace myself?

gst85 :

just a minute please.i will get you a price.

gst85 :

the price is 219,30.you can purchase it online at www.repair clinic.com.you can replace it yourself if youd like to .however if you do not feel comfortable working on it yourself then i would recommend that it be done by an actual appliance tech

gst85 :

good luck to you

gst85 :

let me know if you have anyother questions

Customer:

how do i get into the control board

Customer:

how confident are you that this is my problem

gst85 :

based on what you have stated and what the error indicates .this is going to be your problem.

gst85 :

its located inside the control panel

gst85 :

would you like a link to a diagram just incase youd like to try?

Customer:

yes please, does this pry off?

gst85 :

no ,everything is screwed on.www.sears parts direct.com.

gst85 :

if i have been helpfull to you,pressing accept is how i get paid,have a great night.

gst85 :

are you still there?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

trying to find a diagram ... the sears site is shut down tonight

gst85 :

yes they do that every night for a few hours

gst85 :

do you have any other questions for me.

Customer:

do you have a part number for this control board

gst85 :

sure do .just a sec.

gst85 :

Manufacturer Number W10111606.here you go

gst85 :

please remember that i only get paid if you press accept.

Customer:

sorry for the delay ... I got the dryer running today after replacing this board and the thermal fuse.

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs