Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

I have lg troom washer replace front control panel alson main

Customer Question

I have lg troom washer replace front control panel alson main board and still wont turn on what need to do now
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? And are there any signs of life at all?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model #wm2487hrm I replace front panel board main board and door switch only beeps if I turn drum with my hand
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok well, there is a "noise filter". The only thing that can cut the power to the display board from working is either the display board itself or the noise filter. The noise filter is the part that the power cord connects to inside the washer itself. Just follow the power cord to the noise filter and replace the filter to fix the issue (since we know the board is good because it's been replaced). Below is a link to the part you need.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
on my noise filter a have 120v coming out that is normal
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok then replace the control board again because that is the only other part that can cause the problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if this is a new main board how can this not work only works for a minute and then go off again
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Because possibly your board came diffective? It's hard to say for sure but if your display board isn't turning on you said:

then you need to replace the control board again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
  • I replaced again and still only turn on for a minute and then turn off again weira ah but I spend to much already am going to give up maybe your answer is good but do not fix my washer, why the panel turn on when I spin the drum by hand
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.

Hello, my name is Randy and I am here to assist you. Okay, going in between your inner and outer drum is a heating element. That element contains a fuse and if the fuse is bad you will not have power to the washer. You need to check the heating element when you have no power to see if you have continuity on the element. When it is good it should read 0 or close to 0 Ohms of resistance. If you look into bottom of your washer you will find a schematic diagram showing you the fuse that comes off of the main board. If I remember correctly the wire color for the fuse is Yellow and Red. I am sending you a link to the diagrams of your washer and the heating element is on the drum assembly diagram. Thank you for your time and patience, Randy.