Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an LG model LFX25971st/02 Serial # XXXXX refrigerator.

I have an LG model LFX25971st/02 Serial # XXXXX refrigerator. I had a voltage spike last week and I think it fried the ice maker, the front control panel works fine, any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is this making ice and just not dispensing it or is it not making ice at all ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the light on the ice maker will not light, I am just surprised it didn't do anything to the control panel that I know of, just the ice maker
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
there are no serviceable parts on these unfortunately. these are electronic, you will need to replace it, heres a link to the ice maker. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I took the back cover off, behind the ice maker, what is the easiest way to access the plugs for the icemaker, because it seems like the wiring harness is really short and I was having trouble disconnecting the wires?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
have you taken the screws out holding the ice maker in. ? you cant get it unplugged?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, 2 screws hold the ice maker, 6 screws hold the access cover on behind the ice maker, but the wires go through the cover and you can't pull the ice maker out far enough to access it, I was just wondering if there was an easier way to disconnect the wiring harness.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
not really these are a sun of a gun to get out. and the diagrams don't really help. you may need to take the whole thing apart to get at it, this is the only diagram I can get for this, they are all different , this is your setup though.