Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My samsung is not cooling. The freezer and frig are both 50

My samsung is not cooling. The freezer and frig are both 50 degrees. I took the cover off the cooling coils in the freezer. There is frost on the very top 4 inches or so. The fan is runs when I hold the door switch. The fan that cools the compressor is also running. I have no idea what the problem is.

Samsung RS2530
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

if the coils are only partially frost on the top this is a seal system problem, most likely a freon issue or compressor issue, unfortunately you will need a licensed HVAC tech to test the freon levels and compressor.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will place a service call. I was afraid that it might be the compressor. Do I pay you the $50 that that answer? I did not get the problem fixed but I appreciate the advice.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well thats up to you, my answer is correct and saves you time trying to figure out what it might be, If there was a problem you could fix yourself I would have told you what to do but unfortunately in your situation theres nothing short of calling a tech, you can accept or not thats up to you, a lot of techs will see that you didn't and may not choose to work with you in the future but I still would if you had another problem so like I said its up to you, thanks and have a great weekend, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fair enough. I will pay for your expertise.

Ed
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thank you Ed, like I said I would still work with you on another problem if one arises but the other techs would think you don't like to pay, this is a great site and we work hard to help everyone as much as possible, well wishes and thanks again, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.