Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My samsung is not cooling. The freezer and frig are both 50

My samsung is not cooling. The freezer and frig are both 50 degrees. I took the cover off the cooling coils in the freezer. There is frost on the very top 4 inches or so. The fan is runs when I hold the door switch. The fan that cools the compressor is also running. I have no idea what the problem is.

Samsung RS2530

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

if the coils are only partially frost on the top this is a seal system problem, most likely a freon issue or compressor issue, unfortunately you will need a licensed HVAC tech to test the freon levels and compressor.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok I will place a service call. I was afraid that it might be the compressor. Do I pay you the $50 that that answer? I did not get the problem fixed but I appreciate the advice.
well thats up to you, my answer is correct and saves you time trying to figure out what it might be, If there was a problem you could fix yourself I would have told you what to do but unfortunately in your situation theres nothing short of calling a tech, you can accept or not thats up to you, a lot of techs will see that you didn't and may not choose to work with you in the future but I still would if you had another problem so like I said its up to you, thanks and have a great weekend, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Fair enough. I will pay for your expertise.

thank you Ed, like I said I would still work with you on another problem if one arises but the other techs would think you don't like to pay, this is a great site and we work hard to help everyone as much as possible, well wishes and thanks again, Bryan