Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidaire FRS26ZRG. The icemaker quit working and

I have a Frigidaire FRS26ZRG. The icemaker quit working and I noticed a small amount of water on the floor, behind the fridge. After replacing the water filter, I noted a leak at the joint where the water line goes into the back side of the freezer/icemaker. What is the best way ot attack this?
JJ

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you tell if the water is comming from the plastic line that goes to the ice maker or does it seem to be comming from the valve ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The drizzle pattern points back to the hose at the back of the refigerator, at the point where it points to the back of the freezer, icemaker. So, it looks like an exterior problem. My gut tells me to pop it off, but I hate to break stuff unnecessarily. Also, I wonder if there is a blockage. The filter was pretty yucky.

near the top where it goes through into the freezer or down near the bottom ? your ice maker feed tube inside the freezer could be frozen. can you see that ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
near the top, top right as it is viewed from the rear... I did not see ice on the exterior
okay, you need to remove the line from the valve at the bottom and blow through it into the freezer to make sure its clear, it unscrews,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am lightheaded. I suspect a restriction. Or, my lungs aren't what they used to be.
Its probably frozen where you cant see it, take a hair dryer to the inside part that feeds the ice maker, see if you can melt the ice then try it again, turn the water of until you finish because with the line off if this calls for water it will spray everywhere with the hose disconnected.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am still waiting for the water to fill the icemaker. Is there an easy trick to make it fill?
sorry had to go out, can you pop the front cover of the ice maker ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I lost the chat connection, then got busy. I was hoping you would recontact me so we could square up.
I lost my internet for a whole day Monday then again yesterday, had to change the model. were you able to get this working ?