MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

How can I stop orcancel the self-clean cycle in a Kenmore

How can I stop orcancel the self-clean cycle in a Kenmore oven?
How long was this in clean before you cancelled it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
couldn't even get the clean cycle to start. no response to pushing up and down buttons.

I think you may have inadvertently locked the controls on this when you started pushing the buttons. I do not have your full model# XXXXX check on what to do, but just go to Sears' website and choose Kenmore as the brand on the top of the page then look to the bottom area of the page that comes up under where it says customer care. A link for manual search is there. Read what it says about control panel options and see if there is such a feature. Some models have it so if you clean the touchpad there is no response. So, unlock it if you did and then cancel the clean and the door should unlock. Let me know what happened.

Also, you can try turning off the power- anything electronic can glitch up and sometimes that does the trick.