Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

I have a GE Profile dishwasher MN PDW7880J01SS. Recently we

I have a GE Profile dishwasher MN PDW7880J01SS. Recently we had a failure of the garbage disposal that the dishwasher discharges into. I replaced the disposal with a new similar unit. Since then (coincidence?) the dishwasher does not fully empty upon completion of a cycle. There consistently remains around a gallon or more of water in the bottom of the unit at the completion of a washing cycle. Your thoughts?

Regards,

Karl Staggemeier
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept.
Can you tell if it drains at all? When it goes into the drain cycle look in the sink and see if water is going in to the disposal. There is a plug in the disposer where the dishwasher hooks up and if you don't knock it out the dishwasher wont drain.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok... as always I should have read the instructions. So how are you supposed to remove the plug, knock it out, drill it out with a Unibit or ???
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
Just use a big screwdriver and hammer and knock it into the disposer and pull it out.