Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

i have a whirlpool wmh2175xvs-1 that is a little over a year

i have a whirlpool wmh2175xvs-1 that is a little over a year old and will not heat. everything else works fine it sounds like it is working find but does not heat
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you mean the turn table? i have not taken anything apart. the turn table does turn. or did you mean a drum like on a washing machine?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

This will either be a problem with the magnetron, high voltage capacitor, door switch or the power diode. This is not a good diy fix since factory test equipment will be needed to accurately diagnose the problem plus the unit stores lethal voltage even when unplugged.

As much as I would love for you to save money and fix this…. your safety is paramount to me. I recommend you take the unit to a qualified workshop or have someone qualified in to do the repair.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave feedback until we are completely finished,this is a process, you may want to come back later and I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks!
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Sorry i accidentally posted a info request for another question on your page, I guess i didn't delete it fast enough before you say my question about the drum :(

Your problem is really only going to be solved if you have the test equipment to find where the problem is. If the unit is a little over a year old I would call whirlpool and give them hell, they will likely send some one out free or at a hugely discounted rate.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks ill call them and go from there I was not sure if the parts and repair are worth it or if I should buy a new one
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
If you take it to a workshop then it will be worth repairing but if you call someone out it may end up costing as much as a new one. :(

Thanks!
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I notice this question is still open, Do you need any additional help regarding this problem?

Thanks!

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.