Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My maytag range model MER5775QCS ceriel no 14765840GJ .It says

My maytag range model MER5775QCS ceriel no 14765840GJ .It says lock in the keypad and my and the buttons on the keypad that operate the oven do not work. The clock and timer work fine, and all the burners work fine also. I can open the oven door , but when I unplug the main plug and plug it back in the oven door lock locks and unlocks a few times and then it stops.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

what did to local repair man say ? this is a bad control thats causing this, did he test anything ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said that the meckenism that locks the door seems to operate as needed and that it looks like it is a malfunctioning keypad. I am wondering if there is any buttons I can press that will unlock the keypad.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
is this your control ? Main Product View
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is my control
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

try this.

Child lock out Press and hold Cancel and Cook &

Hold pads for 3 seconds. "OFF" will

display where the temperature

normally appears. "LOCK" will display

flashing while door is locking.

To reactivate the control, press and

hold Cancel and Cook & Hold pads for 3 seconds. see if that unlocks this

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to press and hold cook and hold and cancel for 3 seconds and it comes back to (lock) on top of the time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried it again and it does not fix my problem
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

sorry was off line, emergency call

the control is bad then. you need to replace it. sorry for the bad news, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes It sounds like I need a new control.I have ordered a new one . Thank you for helping me trying to fix it .
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
your very welcome, well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.