Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kitchen Aid refrigerator Model KSRT25CRSS01 that will

I have a Kitchen Aid refrigerator Model KSRT25CRSS01 that will not make/nor dispense ice or water. The dispenser panel is not lit up. The freezer compartment and refrigerator are both working properly. I tried holding down the lockout button, but nothing happened.
I am on a Caribbean island and have been waiting for a technician for several days. Any ideas what I should try next? I have scoured the manual and there is nothing else that addresses this problem.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

are you saying this wont dispense ice or water ? its making ice inside correct ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's not making ice and it won't dispense ice or water. The dispenser panel has no lights. The ice bin was totally clogged by ice (this is a rental unit and I just returned last week). I cleaned it out and replaced it.
okay , your dispenser control board has failed , the part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNyou will have to order this there though there are no supply companies here that ship there unfortunately.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Could it just be a loose wire or something like that?

thats possible but you would need to pull it apart to see, its not a usual cause though

its part # XXXXX on this diagram.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I order the part and have it shipped to the island could a plumber or electrician install it? The appliance tech (there is only one who services KitchenAid products) is unreliable.

Also, the OptimIce light does come on. Would you explain how this is related, if at all?
I'm not sure about the optimice light but if the display is out its the part I said, I think an electrician could do this but I would ask him first, not sure how much experiance he has in appliances.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK - where do I go online to purchase the part?
to be honest i don't know on your have to use the part # XXXXX find a supplier on your end unfortunately.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK, thanks for your help. I'll click the green button now :-)

okay thanks and have a great night, Bryan