Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

PartSelect User The indicator light for the right side burners

PartSelect User: The indicator light for the right side burners on my Whirlpool Electric range (RF368LXPS) is always on. It was replaced two years ago under warranty. Is this something I can fix myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

what did they replace two years ago?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They were several times since we also had burners that stopped working properly. The replaced "ELMNT-SURF" and "SWITCH--INF" per the receipt
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay are the elements all working correctly now ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, they seem to work okay
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

okay heres the thing , its probable one of the burner probes thats bad. its the center rod in the burner, these are difficult to test and expensive to replace. the whole burner would need to be replaced, this means lifting the top and changing the burner, this is no easy task and if your not careful you could break the glass. that would be bad, the cook top says unavailable, there are two thing to consider, 1 having this done by a tech, or 2 living with the light on, its not hurting anything and as long as the burner isn't really hot its fine, thats up to you though, you would need to be careful if you leave it like that, someone might not know it was just used and it could be hot and burn someone.