How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do you replace a controler for a four burner down draft

Resolved Question:

how do you replace a controler for a four burner down draft cook top where the glass top appears to not be removeable. The top is one peice with the down draft in the middle.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have the model # ? look under the cabinet on the blower assembly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bryan

I do not have the model number with me I unfortunately am at work. The cook top is a four burn with two elements on each side of the blower the controls for the burners are arranged two on each side as well. the glass top is one peice with the blower set in the middle.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay well without the model # XXXXX cant look it up, if you can get me that later I can, I can tell you that these are a pain to work on. some have to come out or at least lifted far enough to get to the screws that hold the top, the downdraft may have to be disconnected to do this, I really cant say without the model , they are all different, if you wish send me the model tonight and I will get you diagrams . thanks Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you