Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The washer will fill, start, and run for a cycle or two then

The washer will fill, start, and run for a cycle or two then quits and displays the ol (over loaded) error code. It also does this with the basket empty. I installed a new electronic control board (W10189966) but did not fix problem. Is there a sensor or something else that I could check? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

where did you get the error code meaning from ? according to what I know and looked up this is the OL error meaning,

"OL" flashes if the lid is opened during a spin cycle.

- Close lid or press STOP/CANCEL to clear display.

- If "OL" continues to flash, check lid switch.

i believe the lid switch is faulty in this,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On the Oasis "ol" specifically refers to an over loaded laundry basket. The service manual says when "ol" is displayed you need to redistribute the load and restart the cycle. I'm trying to get information on where that sensor is (or how the machine determines) that so I can check it out. As I mentioned I have replaced the control board and that did not solve the problem. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

okay, I looked at the wrong model, anyway replacing parts wont fix this, what actually happening is the basket is not floating , I know this sounds strange but these baskets need to float while running once the water is in, usually the basket shaft is corroded causing the basket not to move up when the water is in it. theres an easy test to see if thats the case in yours,

You can check to see if the basket is floating freely by grabbing the inside top lip of the basket on both sides and pull up and if the basket raises about 1 inch then it is ok. But if it does not raise then you know there is a problem.

try that and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I appreciate your response and also your explanation on how to check this. I am somewhat familiar with the floating basket design and did check this out as you described. The basket moves up and down freely and does disengage when water fills the tub. Any more thoughts?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well the only thing left that senses the basket is the (RPT) Rotor Position Sensor, you will need to replace it, its a kit, you can order this @ and it has a video on how to do the job, thanks Bryan