Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kids played with push buttons on kenmore dishwasher modle #

Kids played with push buttons on kenmore dishwasher modle # XXXXX and now the quick rinse flashes all the time as well as the cancel button sometimes flashes. We cannot program any other function.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

try a board reset on this.

To reset, press "Heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash" All the lights will flash at which point you can press cancel to reset the board. If the error comes back then replace the element, the only other possibility is the board itself is bad.

if you don't have a heated dry button use the air dry or energy saver dry button. some machines are different.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Our kenmore dishwasher model #1676200, has these cycle buttons. Pots/pans, Normal wash, Water miser, China gentle, & Quick rinse. Options are Hi temp scrub, Sani rinse & Air dry. Other buttons are Delay hours, Start & Cancel/drain. I have tried these sequences, Pots/pans, air dry, pots/pans, air dry, pots/pans, air dry and other sequences and the best I get is that it will go to Cancel and drain the water, but then reverts back to the flashing quick rinse. I have never got all the lights to come on at once.

ps: I will send this reply, but I have to go back to work now and will check back in a couple of hours. thank you, RAF
thats not good news. try high temp scrub and air dry. in sequence . if that doesn't work your control board failed, also this may have just been a coincidence that the kids were playing with it , sometimes this can cause the board to fail however.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan, it looks like we are going to need a new control board. I called Sears Parts Direct, because our model #16762000 did not come up valid on the Sears Parts Direct on the internet and also found out that we had purchased this washer nine years ago. Jennie @ Sears Direct gave me a another model # XXXXX but this did not come up valid either. So we wanted to know the approximate cost of a new control unit. I am fairly sure that I could replace it, but we may want to buy a new dishwasher instead. Thank you for your assistance and we will accept your answer when we are done communicating. We have the Quite Guard 2 model.
I believe your full model # XXXXX 665.16762000 , theres alway a 3 digit prefix. does your control look like this ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan, your are correct on the part # XXXXX however this part, Microcomputer part #8530928) is no longer available. If you have another source, please let me know or otherwise we out for a new dishwasher.
Thank you so much Bryan, RAF