Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have an LG fridge that had a leaky valve where the water

I have an LG fridge that had a leaky valve where the water supply comes into the fridge. Model LFX25980ST, Serial number 802KRDJ01378. The old valve had 1 threaded metal inlet and 1 plastic outlet. The replacement I keep getting sent has no threaded inlet and 2 plastic outlets. I have ordered from 2 different companies and gotten the same part. They say this part matches the model number but it is clearly wrong. I am at a loss at how to get the correct part
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

What is the part number you are receiving.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Part #AJU33843201
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
You should be getting part number 6877JB1427A. If there is a sears in your town order it from Sears. If not you can get it online from Sears just below. They have a return policy, according to the Sears parts website that is the correct part number. Its called a drawing assembley as in drawing water.

CLICK HERE.
Barry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. The part I have been receiving is labeled "Valve Assembly,Water". Is that different?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
I can only tell you about the parts on the model list for the model number you gave me. According to the diagrams for that model the part number I gave you is the one you need.

Barry