Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my samsung refrigerator/ freezer quit working , what was the

my samsung refrigerator/ freezer quit working , what was the slight clinking noise I heard before it quit and why isn't it working? It sounded like something was slightly touchung the fan. well the fan is working great but the noise is gone and the fridge doesn't work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is the clicking noise comming from the back on the compressor ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure where the compressor is, what does it look like?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
its in the back and looks like this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it was coming from the back but not sure if it was coming from that.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay you need to be sure. take the cover off and see, there also a control board that has relays that can click. we need to see which one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what cover and where is it. also where is the controll board?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
pull the refrigerator away from the wall and on the bottom back there is a cover that covers the compressor, remove that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are you saying remove the cover from the back of the fridge or the black cover on top of the compressor?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
just the cover on the fridge, can you see the compressor now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay can you tell if its comming from the compressor about every 3-5 minutes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no, in my first response I said now that the noise is gone, the fridge doesn't work
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay. well the reason I asked is because sometimes the relay on the compressor will die and the noise will stop, is the compressor cold to the touch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it is cold
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
alright, we know the compressor isn't running, do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well its down to the two things I said, I believe though its the control board, these do fail a lot, more than the relay on the compressor. the relays fail on these, its $57.00 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/DA4100219K/1461024 part # XXXXX on the diagram, AppliancePartsPros.com | Machine Compartment & Cabinet Back replacement parts for Samsung RS2533BB Ref - Sxsits in a plastic box next to the compressor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just heard the noise again , sounds like a small cricket sound from around or close to compessor

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
fast clicking noise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, fast
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
its the board, the compressor relay only clicks once , you need the board.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can anyone replace that or does it have to be a seviceman? can you tell me how to replace it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
you can do it yourself, it plugs it, not a big deal. you need to remove the I believe its gray the box it contained in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is a black box, it looks like it is attached to the compressor about a 2inch by 3 I think, is that it?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
no its in the box marked # XXXXX on the diagram it should be separate from the compressor tuck in the back near the compressor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'm sorry but i only see one box, it has wires running to it and two screws attach it to the side of the compressor
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thats strange, is it shaped like the one in the picture # XXXXX ? they change the designs all the time it may be the one on the compressor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not possitive but it looks like it, can't figure out how to get it off though.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
the one on the compressor isn't the one you need to get to, the black cover on the compressor is the compressor rely cover # XXXXX on the diagram,the box your looking for may be in between the black coils under the refrigerator, or mounted to the side wall, take a flashlight and look real good follow the wires from the compressor back and the will go to that box, its there somewhere but the diagrams are vague, I know thats your issue for sure you just need to find the box its in,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the wires from the compressor are going up to a clamp and the clamp attachment is going up and out of sight. thare is a panel above the clamp connection that has two screws holding it. should I open that?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes . make sure the refrigerator is unplugged though.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that's where it is a 5by 7 brown board with a lot of wires plugged in

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thats it, you need to order and replace it, just do one wire at a time and you will be fine. good job, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Brian and yes I am paying you. You have done a great job for me and really earned it answering all of my questions. I thank you very much. Kitty
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
your very welcome, you hung in there and thats great !thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.