Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Getting F70 code after having professional dryer duct cleaning

Getting F70 code after having professional dryer duct cleaning (which was done because of F70 coding) and cleaning duct run in dryer. Ran load of washed towels after duct cleaning with no problem of Fcode displaying. However, dryer sitting doing nothing and displaying F70 code. Is there a way to clear the code? Thank you in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you

Model(NNN) NNN-NNNN1601 Kenmore Elite HE5

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
will this not start at all right now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does start properly
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay try this, run the dryer with the vent disconnected from the back, does the code return ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Really don't want to get into that since I cleaned the interior of the unit and had professional do the duct cleaning
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
oaky , how does the air blow outside ? real strong ? it should be really strong.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Vent is on the roof, but I would assume so as there is residual lint on the ground
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
how far a run is the vent hose in feet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The cleaner yesterday said approximatelt 16 feet from the point of entry into the wall. There is only about 24 inches total within the dryer and extendind to the wall. HAve had the same configuration for four years with no problem. Prior to now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
what method of cleaning did he use? you see if there any clog that restricts the flow from 4" even down to 3" this will cause the fault, he may not have done it correctly or it may be some lint has fallen back down and partially clogged it without him knowing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX press the proper "Green " Button?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I don't believe so, it didn't show up on my end as accepted try pressing the green button again, and thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.