Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I have an Ispira series dishwasher which I purchased 2006.

Customer Question

I have an Ispira series dishwasher which I purchased 2006. I usually use the pots and pans option but twice in the last 6 months, when I have used the normal or economy option the drain/clog light comes on. I followed instructions in the manual and fixed the problem although I could never see anything that clogged the drain. On the weekend, using normal (and having rinsed my dishes beforehand), the same error came on. I did what I usually did in the past but the error light stays on. What can I do? Barb
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 5 years ago.

Jon Grella :

hello barb,

Jon Grella :

my name is jon and i am an authorized miele service tech and i can help you

Jon Grella :

the intake / drain light that is coming on for your unit is giving you an error code for either a bad water proof system or circulation pump.

Jon Grella :

if you are getting water into the unit, the water proof system is good. and when you mention the unit stops in a rinse cycle, is it after the machine has filled with water?

Jon Grella :

what i usually find is the circulation pump binds up with sediment and causes the motor to sieze. i know you have said that you have cleaned the machine and in the past this has worked for you. but now it seems the motor is just locked up. which is why it will not let you finish the cycle.

Jon Grella :

if you get me the model number of the machine, i can get you the part number of the circulation pump you may need.

Jon Grella :

please get back to me so we can go over a few things