Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a maytag neptune frontloader. When starting the washer

Customer Question

I have a maytag neptune frontloader. When starting the washer if on cold/ cold the water barely comes through. Then if you switch it to warm or hot it will fill. The washer then washes but has a buzzing sound. When it gets to rinse cycle it then shows on the digital display (nF). Also the times have changed of the cycles. Like quick wash use to be 37 min and now it is 57. Normal load was was 45 now its like 88.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
As long as the screen is clear or gone on the inlet valve and your supply pressure is good then the inlet valve is bad. That is the whole cause of all the issues listed. It is easily replaced and there is nothing odd about it failing either. Any local parts supply can get it for you.

I do this in hopes of earning the pledged amount as I would not be here otherwise answering this. I have bills to pay just like you and this is part of my work. I have no way of knowing what else you need here unless you ask it, so give me the chance to do so.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
how about the changes on the times of the cycles. We have already cleaned the screen for the cold water. so is the inlet vavle bad. and would that change the cylcle times?????
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes working on washer right now
the water comes in weak when on cold but strong on warm or hot ,, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
turn the cold water off behind the washer, remove the hose from the back of the washer, hold the hose into the tub and turn on the water, tell me if it comes out the hose strong please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes strong flow
remove the screen in the water valve and clean it and then put the hose back on and try it ,, if its still weak then you will have to replace the water valve
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok but what about the time change on the cycles.. they more than doubled in time. and will not change back
its trying to control the time when it fills and if the water is slow to come in then it will cause this
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Although Larry provided the exact same answer I did I cannot help but wonder why you did not simply ask me what else you wanted instead of simply saying it was not complete? I specifically stated to ask whatever else was needed in my reply. I ask this to refine the way my replies are made. thanks