Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Kenmore front loader(Elite , QuietPak 9) that will

We have a Kenmore front loader(Elite , QuietPak 9) that will fill up with water, but not wash the contents. The soap dispenser does not work and the drum does not spin and the code F-2-1 appears. The washer continues to sound, but not turn and we have to unplug to stop it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where would I find the Model # ? I am handicapped and cannot move the washer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
should be a tag right inside the door.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
model # 110. 47089 600
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay this is a whirlpool made machine, the F21 error means long drain, do you have someone that can help you clean the drain trap ? thats what needs to be done, its clogged.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Removed drain hose from drainpipe and placed in 5 gallon bucket. Turned washer on and it would drain but not spin. The motor sounds but does not spin the tub

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, its still a clogged trap issue though, it really needs to be cleaned out, the timer times the drain cycle and then either continues or faults, yours was faulting and the error was long drain, all the water isn't going out fast enough to satisfy the control
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have spoke with plummer, he questions why drum will not spin when spin control is activated and motor tries to run
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

when you say the motor try to run does it drum look like its trying to turn ? can you spin the drum by hand easy ? I'm going by the code you gave me and its says long drain, these are the service tech sheets I'm looking at

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We can spin the drum by hand. My wife removed the wet clothes and a new code has poped up. 5UD now appears at the end of the rinse cycle , but will not go into the spin cycle. Sounds like washer is still on, but it won't spin
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
its actually sud, which means suds block, which will cause the long drain error, you need to remove the bottom panel under the door and clean the drain pump trap. remove # XXXXX on this diagram and then the drain pump trap is # XXXXX on this diagram, unscrew it counter clockwise and pull it out, get some towels there will be some water. clean it out and replace then try the machine again, it should run fine, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Image does not appear. How do I take panel off to get to pump? Thanks for staying with me
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
try this, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-11047089600/0583/0153200?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=11047089600 its a link to all the diagrams. there are two screws holding the panel on, they are close down to the floor, you almost have to lay down to see them
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.