John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

i have a maytag bravos topload he washer and it was mid-cycle

Customer Question

i have a maytag bravos topload he washer and it was mid-cycle when we lost power. it is locked with wet clothes in it. how do i open the lid with no power and it is locked?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

do you know the model # ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am not home where i can look for one...huge outage from northeast snow storm in is the top load maytag bravos he washer that auto locks with temp choices, extra rinse choice, center knob that can adjust type of cycle and spin speed buttons on the right of panel.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
can you get the model later? have to look up service manual but need the model # to do so.
Customer: replied 4 years ago. going back to the house to let the dog out so i will look for it...where would the number be on the washer?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
hopefully its along the top of the control panel. it could be under the lid which would be bad because the lid is locked, let me know. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the only number i could find was hand written on the top backside of the is:

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sorry that # doesn't come up. let me see what I can find to help you get the lid unlocked, have you tried unplugging this for five minutes ?