John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

LG Front Load Washer. 2 or 3 years old Model # XXXXX Serial

Customer Question

LG Front Load Washer. 2 or 3 years old?
Model # XXXXX Serial Serial # XXXXX
Upon initial useage after transporting washer to GA from AL when washer filled it went to 3/4th up the glass. naturally water pressure caused machine door to leak.
No mode to manual drain? No other shorter cycle helped and in fact machine went into wash mode and tried to fill more like no sense for water level. NOT ONLY THAT but timer NEVER counted down.
Only option was to put tub under door and power off solenoid lock and open door to 25 gallons.
moved washer outside after clean up -same results.
TO add to scenario washer had been working fine. BUT 4 weeks before we had a lightening strike tah immediatly took garage door opener and Knology box. Two weeks later we lost Refridge and Akai TV - possible this is also delayed Main C/B fried and disconnecting and reconnecting power did it. I see main Board is P/N 6871EC1118A @ $204.00. Hardly worth a service call and repair plus part. Hard to accept that a $600.00 3 year machine is throw away.
[email protected] XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 4 years ago.
The problem here can be found out with a proper diagnosis. The only thing I will say is the diagnosis and what needs to be done to fix this will be whatever it is- you "liking" it or not is irrelevant and I do not want that standing in the way of an accept. You cannot tell the washer that it should not have failed, or be broken, or cost so much $$$ to repair. I am an LG tech and I value what I know and I am here to help to make the amount you agreed to pay here. If you called someone out to look at this it would set you back $80 or so, so you possibly paying less than half that seems like a good deal.