Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have an over-the-counter whirlpool gold microwavve oven that

Customer Question

I have an over-the-counter whirlpool gold microwavve oven that is 7 years old. I cooked a baked potato with the sensor button and the potato burned up and the oven now is completely dead. The circuit breaker didn't switch and the receptacle still works. The panel is completely dead-nothing works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The problem here is going to be a blown internal fuse. This is located inside the cavity behind the control board.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave negative or neutral feedback, this is a process, I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had already looked at the control board and didn't see how I could get to it. Is this something that is easy to fix? If not, I am going to have to pay to have a technician come anyway. I guess that I can't afford to accept this answer because, based on the info provided, I can't fix the problem.