Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I am considering the purchase of two GE appliances one dryer

I am considering the purchase of two GE appliances: one dryer dde7109v, and one washer wwa8364v; can you please advise me of the age (approximate manufacturing date) so that I can make a decision to buy or not.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Do you have the serial and model number of both appliances please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As given in my original message: Dryer dde7109v and washer wwa8364v
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Yes I saw that, Those are the model numbers, in order to date manufacture I will also need the serial numbers.

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The numbers given before were taken from the nameplates on each machine; other numbers on those platres are as follows: Dryerdog7189v; Washer wwa84800g and wwa8600g. I hope this fulfills your needs, Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The numbers given before were taken from the nameplates on each machine; other numbers on those platres are as follows: Dryerdog7189v; Washer wwa84800g and wwa8600g. I hope this fulfills your needs, Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX ( both unitd appear to be 10-20 years old.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately you have given me the correct Model numbers, But the serial numbers are incorrect. Without the complete model number and serial numbers I can't date the manufacture of these units.

If you could call the person and ask them to look op the serial numbers?

Either this or I can point you to a web site that can date these appliances for you at a later date when you have this information.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The information I gave you is all that was on the nameplates;can my guess of 10-20 years old is somewhere near right; if so, I shall proceed with the purchase from owner, as both units appear to be in excellent condition - just give me yoor off hand opinion, please. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If they are both in excellent shape and there are no unusual sounds when running I would go ahead and buy them so long as they are at a good price.