Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Frigidaire Gallery Professional Series Microwave.

I have a Frigidaire Gallery Professional Series Microwave. It suddenly stopped working. For example, we put in a bag of popcorn and push the popcorn button. The microwave turns on for the preset period of time and stops after the time expires. The popcorn does not cook at all. When the microwave ends, it says "Error" on the microwave.

Can we reset it somehow?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

This will either be a problem with the magnetron, high voltage capacitor, door switch or the power diode. This is not a good diy fix since factory test equipment will be needed to accurately diagnose the problem plus the unit stores lethal voltage even when unplugged.

As much as I would love for you to save money and fix this…. your safety is paramount to me. I recommend you take the unit to a qualified workshop or have someone qualified in to do the repair.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.