Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Problems with my Maytag Neptune front loading washer . The

Problems with my Maytag Neptune front loading washer .
The plastic rim (edge) of the agitator rubs against the door of the washer.
I now have a "rub hole" on the inside of the door and water is now leaking out of the door from the inside when in use.
I need to replace the door, but before I do that, I need to resolve the problem.
Any suggestions ???

Thanks !!

Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Are you talking about the basket the clothes sit in is rubbing against the door?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, there is a plastic "rim" attached to the agitator (drum) ......has been rubbing against the door
Ok the problem here is going to be the bearing is warn allowing the basket to move forward in the machine and rub against the door. The problem here is that the bearing is built into the rear half of the tub. This means the rear half of the tub will need to be replaced.

To do this the entire tub will need to be pulled out, the rear half of the tub replaced then once the basket is secure the door replaced.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave negative or neutral feedback, this is a process, I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, Mike !

Is this repair going to be cost prohibitive ???

the washer is about years old .

The rear drum (bearing) is going to be somewhere in the $450 range, That coupled with the door is going to make it a very expensive repair :( sorry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

WOW !!!!! :(

Thanks ! I appreciate your help !

Have a GREAT Day !

you too.