Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

I have a R872 combi microwave time display and all displays

Customer Question

I have a R872 combi microwave time display and all displays now unreadable all distorted also turntable wont rotate heating fine is it terminal
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Display problems were common on the Sharp microwave.

It can be replaced but is costly and time consuming as the display has to be unsoldered/soldered in.

The turntable can be a failed turntable motor or/and a faulty control.

How old is the appliance?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This appliance is 8 yrs old

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

Whilst it's not terminal, in as much as it could be repaired, you may find that it makes better financial sense to replace the appliance.

The turntable motor costs around £40 plus delivery.

Click here for a motor

The display would be a special order (if still available) and would cost considerably more.

(It's listed at a price of £101 at my supplier).

I would have to suggest replacing the appliance, given it's age and the potential cost of repair looking to exceed £200.

I just buy the £40 to £50 combination ovens from Asda or Tesco now.

If they last 2 or 3 years, I'm happy. (I've had 2 in the last 5 years).

Sorry, not the news you were hoping for.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the advice will replace said item as soon as possible
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know.

Good luck with the new appliance.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
none
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, don't understand your post.

Have you received an automated email?

Thanks