Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

the conditioner compartment of my Miele washing machine does

the conditioner compartment of my Miele washing machine does not empty after a wash
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Rob :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Rob :

At the end of the wash, is the conditioner exactly as you put it in, slihtly watered down or virtually plain water?

Customer:

plain water

Rob :

OK

Rob :

thanks

Rob :

Its one of two things so try both.

Remove the soapbox drawer, look up into the roof of the box. Above the conditioner compartment is a series of holes. Using a needle clean out all of these holes. Use an old toothbrush to clean the roof if its dirty.

The liquid stays in the drawer until the right time in the cycle. Then , water comes through these holes and fills the compartment. It overflows through the syphon tube, in the drawer, and empties. There are two types of syphon fitted. The first is a tube at the back of the conditioner compartment. Remove it and thoroughly clean this and the drawer. Refit the tube and make sure it is firmly pushed down. The other type of syphon is a lid that fits on the conditioner compartment. If you have this type, lift off the lid and you will see the syphon tube. Make sure this and the lid are thoroughly clean. It must all be scrupulously clean, otherwise it will not work. Refit lid and make sure its snapped down. refit drawer. Job done.

Rob :

I hope this answers your question and you click the accept button for me. As by doing so I will get paid for spending my time helping you with your problem today.

Thanks

Rob

Customer:

I have already done every thing you told me a couple of times , I had an engineer call and he did the same thing but it didn't work.

Rob :

Im sorry,, it has to be the syphon tube

Rob :

we know the water is entering as it is washing the conditioner away

Rob :

the only rewason the water will stay there is a blocked or poor fitting syphon tube or lid

Rob :

do you have the tube type or lid type?

Customer:

at the bottom of the drawer there is a cap perhaps if I remove it, it might work

Rob :

Is there a lid on the conitioner compartment with lots of holes that you fill the conditioner up to?

Customer:

No it is a section of the drawer with a lid on it . and the lid has two holes

Rob :

ok and you fill up the conditioner to the lid?

Customer:

the lid lifts and you put the conditioner in

Rob :

OK

Rob :

so under the lid, is there an upright tube, where the conditioner runs down, into the machine, when the water washes it away?

Customer:

Yes

Rob :

OK

Rob :

this is the syphon tube

Rob :

it must be spotless

Rob :

no limescale no congealed conditioner

Customer:

Is that what it is called I didnt know

Rob :

the opposite part of the lid that connects to the tube

Rob :

this must also be spotless

Rob :

when you put the lid on it must be pushed down tight

Rob :

they normally snap in pace

Rob :

you can try this to prove it works

Rob :

take out the drawer

Rob :

pour water into the conitioner compartment up to the lid

Rob :

then

Rob :

run water into the compartment

Rob :

the water should syphon out ALL the water

Customer:

It is spotless I will have to try and look and do as you say. Ok

Rob :

Truly, it can only be this if its taking the conditioner

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.