Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I put some waxed fruit in the dishwasher to wash. Now I have

Customer Question

I put some waxed fruit in the dishwasher to wash. Now I have wax scum in dishwasher. I tried running hot water through several times and that does help but I can still wax build up on the water screens in back of dishwasher. Whenever I wash a load of dishes they come out with a waxy film.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

thats not good because you will never get the wax out, it is down in the pump assembly also so even if you cleaned the entire inside of the machine you will still get the wax on the dishes,it basically would need to be removed from the cabinets ands torn completely apart and even then you wouldn't be able to get to all the effected parts , they are sealed, wish I had better news though, sorry, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can't believe in this day and age there is something out there that can fix problem. Before I pay, I want to investigate further to see if someone out there has a better answer to my problem. If what you say is true then I will pay for the can't do nothing answer. .

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

sure no problem, I know of nothing that will remove it from inside the pump assembly, thats the hardest part.