FPTech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of domestic & commercial servicing. Specialist Fisher & Paykel technician

I have a Fisher and Paykel Active Smart fridge that starts

I have a Fisher and Paykel Active Smart fridge that starts beeping approximately every 8-12 hours. It only stops when I open it and push the button at the back of the fridge that usually controls the temperature. How can I get it to stop please?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  FPTech replied 4 years ago.
Hi - I will help with your problem. The time frame between beeping suggests that you have a problem with the defrost function. I would say that you have a faulty defrost element. This is not a job I would suggest you try yourself. Ring F&P Customer Care on(NNN) NNN-NNNN- they can arrange a service visit or direct you to a local authorised service agent. Depending on the model you would be looking at a total repair cost of around $200. In the meantime you can put the fridge into sabbath mode(which will disable the beeper) by pressing the mode (large on left) button for 10 seconds. The light will go off and it will beep once to confirm.