FPTech
FPTech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of domestic & commercial servicing. Specialist Fisher & Paykel technician

We have an F&P Dishwasher Model FP818S that leaks

We have an F&P Dishwasher Model FP818S that leaks slightly at through the front door. There is no water around the back when I pull the dishwasher out so I suspect the problem si with the door. The door spring is not working (either broken or disconnected) so is it likely that the spring in the door not working is causing the door to sit slightly out from the cabinet. The other possibility is the seal strip set in the outside edge of the door but your thoughts would be appreciated. Is there is a serviceman in the Arch Hill area, Auckland? Ken Baguley XXX@XXXXXX.XXX Phone(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  FPTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ken. It sounds as though you may have a broken latch handle and possibly a perished door seal. I suggest you call F&P Customer Care on(NNN) NNN-NNNN They have local techs that have all the parts with them and fixed rates for service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All you have done is confirm what I had done.
I feel ripped off getting charged $47 to be told to call the F&P Customer Care desk. When this site comes up under Google it looked like a F&P help desk and it wasn't until I was into the site that I became aware that it was going to cost $47 to get confirmation that I had identified the problem and I was going to have to call in a technician.
I do not believe I have been given $47 worth of advice so ask that you reverse teh charge.
Ken baguley
Expert:  FPTech replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ken

All I have done is give you the advice you asked for. I am a service tech and don't set the fees for the site. You asked if there was a service agent in Auckland so I gave you the most appropriate details. If you want to dispute the cost of this website I think you need to contact the Just Answer customer service people. I can give you the appropriate part numbers and advice on fitting the parts but to be perfectly honest the $105 + parts - flat fee that F&P charge is worth it to get the problem sorted. They also give a 12 mth warranty on repairs. I don't get anything unless you accept the answer so I will leave it up to you.

FPTech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of domestic & commercial servicing. Specialist Fisher & Paykel technician