clayton5711, technician
Experience:  25 years in appliance repair factory trained on Speed Queen, Maytag and more

Thermador prg366 oven wont stay lit for more than 30 seconds,

Customer Question

Thermador prg366 oven wont stay lit for more than 30 seconds, broiler and range works fine, self cleaning of course doesn't work.
Igniter seems to work, plenty of sparks ( it is not the glowing kind).
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. The igniter needs to draw 3. amps. If the igniter is weak it wont draw 3.2 amps and only open the gas valve for a couple seconds. You need to replace the igniter.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your reply, but the igniter it's not the glowing king this one sparks just as the igniter for the stove burners. Still needs to draw 3.2 amps ?

Expert:  clayton5711 replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Roger,allow me to help you with this 30 seconds is app the time the module will lock out if the flame signal is not proven in the ignition module, i would inspect the ignitor for cracks and make sure it is in the flame when lit and if you find no problem with either one then relpace the ignition module