Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have a Maytag Neptune Dryer Model Number MSE5500AYW. The

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Neptune Dryer Model Number MSE5500AYW. The person who owned it before us didn't tell us that it was missing the venting pipe inside the machine when we bought it. We did not run it for fear of starting a fire with all the lent that was in the machine. We disassembled the sides and front carefully, vacuumed out the lent, removed the drum for better access to the motor and back of the machine. We vacuumed that out. Put it back together. It runs, but its making a rattling noise that is high pitched. Almost like a grinding noise as it runs. The machine makes the same normal noises as my Mom's Neptune, except this noise. What could it be? Can we fix it? Did we do something wrong? We attached a vent hose from the exhaust to the house venting system. We are ordering the part 2 the vent pipe ASAP, but as a temp fix we put the hose directly to it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, i will try not to take up to much time ,, thanks

once you get the part and fasten it onto the pipe like it should be then it will quit the noise, its just making the rattling noise because its not tight
i will be going off line in a couple minutes so if you have other questions please ask now and if not then i will be back online later ,, thanks