Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I explained the question already. However, our Kenmore washer

Our Kenmore washer make a loud clang when stating from a dead stop. There is soft grinding noise after the clang, no more than one second.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

But does it still wash and does it make any funny noises at the end of the spin cycle?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Chas: Yes, the machine does make a loud clang at the end of spin. I listened carefully myself. I avoid getting too close to doing the laundry here.
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Then you have a bad spin tube on the unit causing the problem, you will need to replace this, the part cost about $100 and will require that the complete gearcase be removed and the inner tub also to install this..

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory