Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

Getting error code E6 and E8 on my GE Profile washing machine

Getting error code E6 and E8 on my GE Profile washing machine model WPGT9150, what do these codes mean is wrong with the washing machine?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Does the washer seem to drain okay? Does it spin out properly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When it works. It starts and almost instantly stops and the codes appear, then we hit start again and it just continues to happen. Sometimes, but not often it will complete a cycle without error.
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.

Okay, when it does work do the clothes come out wetter than normal?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, occasionally
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.

Okay, you need to check the drain pump and make sure it is not clogged. What you need to do is to pull out the washer and take off the back cover. Then you will have access to the drain pump. Get some towels and take off the hose that are connected to the pump. Make sure the hoses are clear and check the pump for debris. I am sending you a link to your washer and the drain pump is #80 on the diagram. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.