Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.
21549903

how to adjust pellet flow. over flows at various settings.

Customer Question

how to adjust pellet flow. over flows at various settings. enviro empress stove.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.

Craig :

It's one of two possibilities here. The thermostat setting controls the pellet drop by turning the auger motor on/off to maintain the fire. If the auger motor is not shutting off, you have to test the thermostat input to the control board. If it's opening and closing the signal, then the control board is the fault. If the thermostat does not cycle on/off, it

Craig :

is the thermostat that is failed.

Customer:

the over flow is not instant but over time,say,two days,before it is visable.

Craig :

The thermostat is over feeding the auger motor. Have you cleaned it recently? Give it a good vacuuming out and clean it good inside the box so the thermostat can sense the heat and operate correctly.

Craig :

That's probably what is happening.

Customer:

Craig,Just did a fall cleaning,removed sheet metal on back,vacumed entire area removed front steel panels to scrape and vacum,also a good cleaning of burner pot. I don`t know the exact location of heat sensor,any idea how to locate it.

Craig :

It's behind the combustion chamber and the auger motor wire goes to the thermostat I'm referring to. Follow the auger motor wire to the thermostat on the fire wall.

Craig :

If that does not open and close to feed the auger power it could let it over fill.

Customer:

Craig,The info sounds good but i can`t try to repair it righ now, is it possible to get back in touch with you ,for a follow up question in the future.

Craig :

Absolutely! Check back later, you will have email to come back here.

Craig :

Craig

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Craig, I did find the problem, it was a leaky gasket on the ashpan door, not a thermostat problem! So no bonus or positive feedback.