Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have an Advantium Microwave, model SCA2000BWW 003. The dial

Customer Question

I have an Advantium Microwave, model SCA2000BWW 003. The dial that selects the task/time and starts the microwave doesnt work anymore. Used to be able to jiggle it or press the right spot but doesnt work anymore. Can I replace just the button/dial or do I have to replace a whole assembly. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

This really depends on if the knob is broken or if where it hooks up to the control is broken, You will need to check to see what is causing the problem the click on the link below to order the parts.

Click here to order the parts.

I notice this question is still open, Do you need any additional help regarding this problem?

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave negative or neutral feedback, this is a process, I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i thought this was a common problem with these dials. i understand somthing needs to be taken apart to inspect the assembly. i just thought i could cut to the quick. you didnt tell me anything i didnt already know.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Nope not a common problem, This is something you need to look at to find out yourself where the problem is. I can tell you where to look, you need to do the looking.