Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

My dishwasher is 5yrs old, no longer quiet, often fails to

My dishwasher is 5yrs old, no longer quiet, often fails to release detergent, doesn't get plasticware clean, and last night ran from 9p til 1a!!! HELP!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.

This sounds like a motor issue. That is the only thing that would account for all three of your complaints. The noise is coming from the motor, it is not cleaning plastic ware because it is not pumping strong enough, and the water needs to heat to advance the cycle quickly. If the motor is not working correctly, it will not pump water effectively through the heater and thus it will not heat quickly enough.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need to pay $30 to be told I need to hire a technician? Disappointed!!
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
IF you want to try and fix it, I can tell you the part number and the procedure on how to replace the part.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am 66yrs old with multiple sclerosis. Fixing the motor myself is out of the question. Yes, I need help. Didn't I say that at the get go?
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
OK, well you are going to have to contact a tech. I am sorry that I can't help you anymore than that, but I am unable to repair a machine over the computer and this requires more than a simple fix.