Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Model # XXXXX Serial

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Model # XXXXX Serial # XXXXX The clean light flashes 7 times, pauses and flashes the same again continuously. I have tried unplugging it overnight and still have the same result.

Is there anything I can do at home to fix this? I live in Valdez, AK and do not have any technicians in my area to fix this.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.

The blinking CLEAN light is an error code for a water heating failure .
May I have your options (not cycles) on your control panel?
So I can walk you thru proper diagnostics for your model.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Smart wash,Pots pans,normal wash,fast wash, Turbo zone, hi temp,sanirinse, heated dry, 4 hour delay, cancel, start

ok press Normal ,then heated dry ,then Normal again and then Heated dry again .

Just 1,2 1,2 then all the lights should come on and after about 30 sec press canel twice.

Lrt me know what it does?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go t
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I can
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I can get
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I can get back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I can get back to
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I can get back to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I can get back to you in
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I can get back to you in about
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I can get back to you in about 3
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I can get back to you in about 3 hours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change

I

have to go to work. Maybe I can get back to you in about 3 hours. Sorry.
ok I will be on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, I'm back. What else can we try?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
My question has not been answered yet
Expert:  Neilwill replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

The clean light on your Kenmore Elite Dishwasher model #665.13793k601 blinking 7 times?

The clean light flashing 7 times on your dishwasher is indicating a heating circuit failure of some sort. This type of failure could be caused by several components.

If the correct temperature rise is not detected, the dishwasher will drain and blink the clean light 7 times to signal to the consumer to call for service. The detection will be ignored if the temperature is out of its normal range 64- 160 degrees Fahrenheit or the door is opened during the first 8 minutes of the main wash. This is to prevent a false detection.

Possible causes that could keep the water from properly heating:

• Open in Heating Element circuit (heater, thermostat, or wiring)
  • Neutral side Door Switch not closing (check switch and door latch assembly) Note: Neutral side door switch only used for heater circuit.
  • Water not coming in or lack of water (Check inlet valve circuit and water pressure)
  • Lack of water circulation (pump motor or restriction in circulation channels)
  • Siphoning of water during fill (check drain hose for proper installation)

Troubleshoot the dishwasher for possible cause. Perform repair accordingly. Reset the electronic control by initiating a diagnostic cycle. Check the product Tech Sheet for the correct cycle sequence. The service diagnostic cycle is activated by pressing the following keys respectively:

Heated Dry , Normal , Heated Dry , Normal

If you are still having problems with the dishwasher,you may need a hands on tech on location this time to properly diagnose your dishwasher.This problem is not always a home handy person fix.

Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation