Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

I have a Whirlpool Gold GD5Sha. The automatic ice maker container

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Gold GD5Sha. The automatic ice maker container has become rusted on the bottom and dispenses rust with the ice. Can I replace that part? and for how much?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 5 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

Can i have the complete model # XXXXX is inside the fridge compartment on a sticker.

If this has been helpful please press accept.Smile
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
GD5SHAXT00
Do you mean the container on the door ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it is inside the freezer compartment on the door.
That would be the ice bin and yes you can replace it it costs about 50 dollars for the part. You can order it at your local appliance parts store. Or on line at www.partselect.com this is the part # PS329936

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I guess I don't understand how to use this web site. I wrote yesterday, the ice container came and is fine but what I need is the bottom part that actually dispenses the ice. Inside of it blades that have rusted and it dispenses rust with the ice - I need to replace the working half of the ice maker not just the ice bin. When you responeded yesterday the answer was locked and I could not figure out how to access it. Please help. Send your response by email as I will not be sitting in front of the computer waiting for an answer. Thanks, Pat Sovonick