Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

Often (nearly all the time) my dishwasher control panel will

Customer Question

Often (nearly all the time) my dishwasher control panel will not work and I cannot get the dishwasher to start. Sometimes (rarely now) it will surprise me and go on, but most of the time I have to try it several times, sometimes over two days, to get it to go on. Can I get a new control panel (probably a computer board??) or do I need a new dishwasher? Model MDB4651AWQ3
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.

Usually this is a defective key pad, which is the control panel. Very common issue on this model. You can order the part at the following site.

To replace, remove power form the unit and remove all of the screws that hold in the white inner door panel. Remove the panel and from there you can access the control panel and remove. Fairly straight forward repair.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I look at the part it looks right but the number on my door is(NNN) NNN-NNNN and the part numbers start with 691.... Will the ones showing still work?
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
This is the part the comes up according to your model. So it should be correct.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Thanks. It makes sense and I suspected that was what the problem was. The only thing I need to make sure is that my wonderful husband who is a klutz at most repairs will be able to do this. He did just install a stove hood and it works great. The process you are describing sounds straightforward enough .. just double checking :)
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
Very easy. Once you get the white panel off, you remove the circuit board and then there are fours screws that hold the control panel on and then it just slides off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You have been very helpful and though we haven't tried your fix yet, I am confident it will work and appreciate your hooking us up with the part so quickly. How do I make sure you get your money that we deposited?
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
YOur welcome.