Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

My frigidare front load washer washes but it will not SPIN

My frigidare front load washer washes but it will not SPIN out the closes. it just turns it's self off like it is done.. what should I do. I tried to reset it and even unplugged it..
Do you have the model number? It is on the door opening.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Could you please perform the following, I would like to retrieve the error code.

1. Wake the washer by pressing any button.

2. Wait 5 seconds.

3. Press and HOLD the Start/Pause and Cancel buttons simultaneously.

As long as the buttons are held, the failure code will appear in the display as an E followed by two numbers, a number and a letter or two letters. The

control will beep and the Door Lock, Wash, Rinse, and Final Spin indicator lights will flash.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
E47 is the code
OK, this is a door lock error, the machine thinks the door lock is open during the spin. Do you have an meter to measure resistance? The problem is either the door lock or the machine control board.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i dont have a meter... what else could I do to see if it is the door lock?

The only way to see if it is the door lock is to measure the resistance of it. Sorry to say, but you should probably call in a tech to check it. I don't want to guess at which part it is and be wrong and have you pay for a part you do not need.