Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

Whirlpool Model GFN6NFEXRQ00 purchased 8-21-06 making clicking

Whirlpool Model GFN6NFEXRQ00 purchased 8-21-06 making clicking noise. How do I diagnose and repair? Last repaired 2010. Gets expensive!
I can not locate this model number, can you double check it? Is this a refrigerator?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My error. I apologize. Whirlpool Model GF6NFEXRQ00 Refrigerator/Freezer
Is the clicking noise coming from the back of the unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Not from the back or outside of the refrigerator/freezer. The icemaker unit inside the freezer never released the last fill of ice cubes. The ice cube tray is still full of ice. The clicking noise is intermittent, comes and goes. Same noise as last year

If the ice maker is not releasing the cubes and the arm is trying to move them out, it will make that clicking sound. The heater in the ice maker has gone bad and the ice maker needs to be replaced.