Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

How do I replace a oven thermostat on a magic chef stove m

How do I replace a oven thermostat on a magic chef stove mo#3121sra
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Could you please recheck that model number? That is not a model number. Your model number should start with 2 or 3 letters. It will probably be located on the rim of the oven where the door closes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Randy I am sorry I have checheked the tag with both mo# XXXXX Ser# XXXXX Model # XXXXX XXXXX and ser# XXXXX XXXXX The only thing is above name brand id a1chkp.

I used this same model # XXXXX you people to trouble shoot , When I was told I needed to replace thermostat. Tom

Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.

Okay and I am the one who is sorry as that is a good model number. I was just jumping the gun. To replace the thermostat what you will need to do is to pull out the stove and take off the back of it. From there you will see where the thermostat goes in to the oven a clips on the oven wall. You will have to remove the thermostat knob to get access to the screws that hold the thermostat in place. Just unwind the thermostat tubing and route it the same exact way as the one you remove. You will have to take off the burner grates and lift up the top of the stove to get access to the thermostat tubing. I am sending you a link to all the diagram as this will help you. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Magic-chef-Parts/Range-Parts/Model-3121SRA/1429/0124200?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=3121SRA

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Randy, I replaced the ignighter in oven also replace a thermostat,After oven ignighter didnot resolve problem, Now thermostat is still not keeping oven from comming on. At this rate my expence could buy me a knew machine. Oven ignighter does not glow or light up, Additional oven burner will not light up manually with match or lighter, Also I dont detect oven even getting gas, The top 4 burners light up ok. Whats next

Optional Information:
Make: magic chef
Model: 3121sra

Already Tried:
replaced oven ignighter and thermostat

Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, so just to catch me up, can you tell me why you replaced the thermostat? What was the original problem? I know you already talked to Tom about this but maybe he overlooked something.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Randy I replaced thermostat because I was informed by just answer to do so.
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Okay, so what are your symptoms? What is the stove not doing?
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
You also stated that you did not have 120vac going to the igniter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Randy the top 4 burners go on ok, The problem is oven does not seem to get gas, I was told by tech with just answer to replace ignighter,When that still did'nt resolve problem I was then told to replace thermostat, I replaced the thermostat and it does not

solve problem. I tried to lght oven burner manually but that failed , Ignighter does not light up at all and I cant smell any gas or hear gas going to oven burner. Whats next? Tom ,

Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Again sorry about the delay Tom, we keep missing each other. Okay so you don't have 120vac to the igniter I take it?
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.

Okay, I took a further look at all your dilemma and found you stated previously that you had no power to the igniter and no gas smell. What you need to replace is the Oven Valve. This is what allows the gas through when your turn your oven on. I am sending you a diagram and the oven valve is #9 on the diagram. Sorry about all the problems and I wish I first started with you. I will be here till the end and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Magic-chef-Parts/Range-Parts/Model-3121SRA/1429/0124200/X2902583/00003