Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

My GE front load washer wont lock or start. When I hit the

Customer Question

My GE front load washer won't lock or start. When I hit the power button, the wash, rinse and final spin lights come on, but the lock and control lock lights do not. When I hit the start button it beeps but nothing happens.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 4 years ago.

If you try to start the unit with the door open, does anything different happen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nope. The same three buttons light up, it beeps when I hit the start button and the wash button remains lit but the other buttons go dark. I don't hear the lock trying to engage at all.
There should be a small round black tab near the top of the lock assembly do you see it in place?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I don't see a small round black tab. However, I don't recall ever seeing one. This model is a few years old - could it just not have one on this machine? I don't see anyplace near the lock that looks like something has broken off.
Ok got it this washer is built by Frigidaire thats why there is no spot for it. You have a bad door lock assembly for sure its actually very common on this unit. You can replace it yourself. You can also purchase the part from the link below

Click here for part
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Your welcome!