Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

The on/off button on my dryer is broken. someone pushed it

The on/off button on my dryer is broken. someone pushed it in to far now it is a struggle to turn it on. Model # XXXXX Sereal #TT857243C
Can you double check your model number, it does not come up in my records.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

GFDN24OELOWW is what the dryer says, the O can either be a letter of a number.

SER: TT857243C

XDU1E

120/240 V 60Hz 24 A 3 WIRE

Listed E337537

Are all the numbers listed on the dryer. I am sitting in front of it as we type

OK, got it now, sorry about that. Often times what the issue is that the button actuates the user interface board. the user interface board actuator is a piece of plastic that is a molded part of the plastic housing that encloses the board. So if this is the case, the user interface board would need to be replaced. Here is a link that shows the parts.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/GE-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-GFDN240EL0WW/0432/0151200/G1108143/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=GFDN240EL0WW

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the dryer is still under warantee, how would i get the part using my warantee. i just bought it in June 2011.

If it is under warranty, you have to call GE at 1 800 GE CARES. If you try to repair it, you will void the warranty and GE does not send warranty parts to customers, they only send them to authorized servicers.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok ty if I remove the little cover button so i can use my dryer does it void the warranty.
No that should be fine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much
You are welcome.