Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

Hi...I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis, model #110-27042603....

Hi...I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis, model #110-27042603.... I see on the Internet that Whirlpool makes Kenmore and has an equivalent model called Cabrio. I've also read that Whirlpool is aware of my problem because a whole lot of other people seem to have it..! It's an older model washing machine but it worked great until recently, now I get an error code "F1" when it reaches the rinse cycle. I follow the instructions to stop & start over & over and finally it DOES kick in & complete the wash. I see others say that eventually it will take many times of starting & stopping to get it going again and possibly it may stop completely. One site mentioned that the problem could be a sensor kit but most said the control board is going. Could either of these things be my problem also? If so, can my husband get parts to fix it himself instead of having a technician come out and charge us $129 plus parts ...??? I did see that Sears.Parts has a control board for $81 but I don't want to buy it IF that's not the problem. Thanks!

This is a control error and replacing it should take care of your problem. YOu can order it at the following site. It is item number one on the diagram.

The part is behind the control panel. To remove the panel, remove the two screws on the back of the panel and lift up the panel. From there you can access the board. Just swap out the wires from the old board to the new board. It is fairly straight forward.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just looked up that part and it's $173.88 ...?? I guess the 'console' that the person at Sears mentioned for $81 was not the right part. Do you think it's worth fixing it since it's at least 7-8 years old..?
Depends. The expected life of a machine nowadays is 10 years. If this is the first issue you have had with the unit then fix it. If it has been a problem unit and you have dumped a lot of money in it, it might not be worth it. Especially if you only get another couple of years out of it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK, thanks Jason for your help. I'm going to tell my husband what you've said, he's pretty good fixing things so hopefully he'll see the old control board easily and pop it out without disturbing anything else...!! Of course we can't do anything until I order a new one and recieve it in the mail. If there's any further problem when he works on this, can I still get your help on this website for the same issue..???