Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

My dishwasher 4500 doesnt start anymore, left part of the

Customer Question

My dishwasher 4500 doesn't start anymore, left part of the control panel works fine . Right part I cannot chang the heating mode, cannot START
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
So the cycle buttons are responsive, but the start button is not, correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.

What you need then is the control panel. The panel has the key pad built in to it. If only a few buttons are working and others do not, the error is the keypad. You can order the part at the following site.

To replace it, remove the screws that hold it into the white door liner. Remove the control board. And then remove the screws that hold the panel to the door. It is fairly straight forward.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for now. I ordered the part. Will be back with you as soon as I received and change the panel.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK. Talk to you then.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Jason. Will be in touch as soon as I receive the panel from Sears. The promised for 4 November
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK. I'll be here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the advise Jason. i just installed the new panel, even Frigidaire - Sear has send a panel with different plastic confirguration of the block. THEY HAVE SAVED some plastik probably new China version of the panel but I managed to installed and it works fine.
Thanks again for your correct answer
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
Your welcome.